What do we do?
The Biostatistics Research Unit (BRU) can provide biostatistical guidance throughout the life cycle of a project:
- Planning and study design
- Writing grants and study protocols
- Designing data collection forms
- Constructing databases to hold study data
- Carrying out statistical analyses and generating figures and tables
- Drafting manuscripts and presentations
- Responding to journals’ reviews of manuscripts.
How do we do it?
The BRU is a collaborative team of experienced statisticians with a love of applied statistics and we approach our work with enthusiasm.
How to have us do it?
Go to the project request form to initiate a new project with us.
Whom do we do it for?
The BRU has core funding from the partners listed below. We are also set up to do work on a fee-for-service basis for researchers without an affiliation to any of these partners.
- Division of Cardiology, UHN/Mt Sinai Hospital
- Division of General Internal Medicine, UHN/Mt Sinai Hospital
- Division of Respirology/Critical Care, UHN/Mt Sinai Hospital
- Toronto Health Economics and Technology Assessment Collaborative
Why have us do it?
You will have access to the combined expertise of our team and their many and varied skills. By using a centralized resource, you can be sure that your data and our analysis code will be secure, and will be around when you need to come back to it six months from now or six years from now.